Monday, October 11, 2010

Freedom, Jonathan Frantzen

The review I read said that the author compares this work to Tolstoy's War and Peace-not that he is saying he compares himself to Tolstoy, but in the sense that it is a widely ranging social-realist family saga. It deals with family relationships, conservation, complex environmental issues, and the Bush years.With a little music star, college life, mental instability, and extra marital affairs.
The review went on to say it was a page turner. I turned some of the pages a lot faster than others, because this book seems almost as long as War and Peace (and I really don't know because I read it on Kindel), and I skimmed some of the save the birds parts, because I got it already. But I liked the depth the author was able to give the characters, and his ability to describe years that were very familiar to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home