Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Innocent, Scott Turow

Evidently it has been 20 plus years since Turow's first novel, Presumed Innocent, hit the market. Now the same characters, older, are involved in an other trial; the young lawyer wrongly accused of murder in the first novel, is now a 60 year old judge accused in the second. One review I read said this book was flawed but gripping. I had a hard time getting into this book, I think because the characters were not as carefully drawn here-possibly because the reader should have known them from before, and I did, but they were not that familiar. And I would have thought Sabich learned his lesson better the first time also. But this is a great story, with surprising twists all the way to the last pages. I can not remember if the first book was told only from Sabich' perspective, but this one is not. We get to meet Sabich son Nat in this book-he must have been a very small child in the first book, but now he is a central character.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home