Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Lightning Thief, Rick Riordan

I started reading this because my grandson Mason needed a book to read, and I didn't have any third grade books. This is not my usual favorite genre-fantasy adventure-but it was well-written, and I enjoyed it. Twelve year old Percy (Perseus) Jackson discovers he is a demi-god, the son of Poseidan and a mortal mother. He is sent on a quest to prevent an all-out war between Zeus, Poseidan and Hades. Evidently this was made into a movie in 2005, and it is part of a series. Not sure I will read more, but I liked this one.


1 Comments:

At February 25, 2011 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Nanette said...

If your 3rd grader grandson can read this 1st book in the most popular series since Harry Potter, I'm truly impressed. They sure are a fun introduction to mythology. NB

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home